The sound of my TV set turned
to be better after I had changed its built-in loudspeakers to external ones. It taught me there was a way of enjoying TV, lying down, mainly listening to the sound and occasionally watching the
・It is not bad to listen to the sound from TV without watching the screen.
- I was wondering if the sound was left behind because the picture was regarded as the main item for TV programs. Some programs, however, are not made on that assumption.
- “Pictures with sounds” is the main stream in the current TV programs. I would like to propose to increase the number of programs of “sounds with pictures” in the field of such as musicals, classical music and operas.
- I could study spoken languages, accents and intervals through listening without watching.
What’s on my mind
・Every program sounds differently in quality.
- The voice of an announcer is clear, while lines spoken in a drama are so unclear to be heard. I am wondering:
“Does camera shooting have priority to sound editing of a drama?”
“Aren’t microphones blocked by surrounding sets?”
“Isn’t microphone setting regarded as of secondary importance?”
- Music heard on CD shows different sound quality when heard from TV. Does the original sound change after it goes through a TV station?
・Please increase the sound information quantity in TV programs!
The information quantity of sound transfer in TV is too small compared to the total transfer information quantity!
- The picture information quantity has been increased day by day to be four times larger, then sixteen times larger－toward high precision such as Hi-Vision and Super Hi-Vision. On the other hand, the sound information quantity is still compressed to one-tenth of the CD information quantity.
- Although I do not agree that sound quality depends solely on the information quantity, I would like to insist that the current compression rate is setting a limit for sound improving.
- These days, you can enjoy music with an information quantity four times larger than that of CD, even by a PC.
・Why don’t we set a theme to improve the TV sound quality by cooperation of senders and viewers of TV broadcasting to activate the TV world?